SIENA AND SAN GIMIGNANO
The Medieval Fortified Towns of Tuscany
Convents, castles, wineries which seem XVIII century theatres. All this you find driving to Siena, before visiting this unbelievable stone town. Driving on the way to Siena, you see the towers on the hill of San Gimignano and you immediately sense the taste of Vernaccia. Arriving in Siena or Monteriggioni, walking through the old walled town's portals, you imagine the strong, full-bodied wines produced in the surrounding countryside. We offer full-day guided tours to San Gimignano and Siena wineries by private minivan or mini-bus with driver. The tour includes an English speaking guide, wine cellar visits, wine tasting and lunch. The excursions may be scheduled for any date with two days advance notice. Pick-up service from your location.
• 09:00 Departure from your location in Florence or Siena by private minivan and English speaking guide. Pick up service from other locations can be provided with a supplement.
• 10:15 Guided visit to the town center in San Gimignano
• 11:30 Visit to the winery Setriolo or Lornano and Chianti Classico wine tasting
• 13:00 Lunch with local wines at Osteria di Lornano
• 15:00 Visit Siena: Piazza del Campo and the Cathedral
• 17:00 On the way back, when we have time, short stop in Monteriggioni
• 18:00 You are back to your location
Day trip (09:00-18:30) includes: private air-conditioned minivan, guide in your language, lunch and wine tasting in two wineries.
175 EUROS Per Person, Based on a Group of 6
Please contact us for additional pricing.